Before you scroll down and directly check who these six doctors are, I would give you some hints about them. Let’s see how good you are in making guesses. Hint – You don’t have to go to a hospital/ clinic to meet these doctors and no consultation fees to be paid too. Any idea? Excited to know who they are?
Yes, sunlight is a doctor to be consulted. First, what makes the sunshine so bright? When hydrogen turns into helium through nuclear fusion, the sun starts shining. This process happens in the core part (supposed to be hot and in a molten state) of the sun. Second, how long does it take for the sunlight to reach us? It just takes 8 minutes to reach earth. I know it is faster than any Marvel or DC heroes.
All kinds of existing creatures on earth are dependent on the sun. Without the sun, there wouldn’t be day and night, food production, photosynthesis, life, etc. In other words, sunlight is an essential doctor in everyone’s lives. Even though there are several interesting facts about the sun, it is not much preferred by anyone.
It’s hot!! My skin is burning!! Ugh, I hate suntans! These are the usual expressions we say when the sunlight touches us. This results in us searching for a shaded area trying to avoid the sunlight. Excess of sunlight is indeed harmful to our skin and health. However, there is good news. How many of you all are aware of the numerous benefits we gain through this natural light.
Benefits of Sunlight
- Letting sunlight touch your face and hands for around 15 minutes in the morning is good for your health as it triggers the formulation of vitamin – D in your body.
- Sunlight helps in building stronger bones in our bodies.
- Prevents us from being victims of cancer.
- Exposure to direct sunlight helps in recovering from several skin diseases.
- Improves the functionality of the brain
- High blood pressure can be controlled.
- Boosts the immunity in your body.
- Improves the health of your eye. (Specially retina)
Do you exercise every day? Well yes, some of us do spend quality time exercising and maintaining our fitness, but some of us don’t find time for it. Doing regular exercise for 30 minutes to 1 hour (minimum), either in the morning or evening is a must. This helps you burn calories. Moreover, it helps you to stay healthy.
If you can hit a gym every day, that would be great. But if that is not possible, you can still try out effective exercises at home. Pushups, lunges, side planks dumbbell rows, squats, burpees, situps, glute bridges, running on the treadmill, etc. can be tried at home. Eventually, you will see good results on your body. You also will feel more active. Celebrities have exercise as an important task to be done each day. That is how they maintain their figures and build six-packs.
Most people commit their time to meet targets within the set deadlines. So, spending time on exercise becomes a question for them. A lifestyle without exercise will lead to unnecessary illnesses due to an inactive body which is filled with junk. But, doing regular exercise gives you a good shape, fit body, and prevents you from illness. Above all, it helps you have promising health. Let’s check out the solutions for our problems.
- Plan your day well. Time management is an effective tool.
- Sign up with the closest gym and consult an instructor who guides you well.
- Look for motivation from fitness freaks.
- Pair up with your friend or partner while exercising (couple goals).
- Track your exercises, time spent, and the calorie count.
Make sure you tune your body to the right shape. Most importantly, it is best if you can balance BMI throughout. Regular exercise keeps the real doctor away from us.
Not everyone loves the diet plans. But, for your body to function correctly and effectively, you must include the right ingredients in your meal. A balanced diet consists of the following.
- fresh fruits (low sugar fruits, citrus family)
- fresh vegetables (broccoli, spinach, green beans, kale, etc.)
- legumes (beans, peas, lentils, sunflower seeds, etc.)
- grains (whole-grain food)
- nuts (almond, walnut, pistachios, cashews, etc.)
- fat-free dairy products (milk, curd, cheese, yogurt, etc.)
- 2 to 3 Litres of water
Kids and active adults can have the above mentioned balanced meal plan. But it is better if patients and inactive people follow a diet plan based on their regular activities. Practicing a diet avoids unnecessary intake of calories and junk.
It is best to do a self-analysis on what you consume as it helps you reflect on your health. Above all, a healthy diet prevents you from illness. It is proved that the top 4 death-causing diseases (cardiac diseases, cancer, stroke, and diabetes) are directly influenced by a bad diet.
Like the pollution to our environment, junk food and excess carbs are pollutions to our health. Being careful with our health is very important. Having good health is having wealth. So, what can we do to maintain good health? You have the answers below.
How to Maintain Good Health
- Have an easy diet chart with items that can be bought in your area.
- You can also invite your partner to follow the diet plan as it helps in growing healthy together.
- Make sure you have all the required items on your diet chart for the whole week.
- You can have one day as your cheat day in two weeks to enjoy your favorites. (You deserve it!)
- Use the calorie calculator to track your calorie intake.
“Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” – Misty Copeland
It’s not the tv series I am talking about, but real friends. They play an important role in making great impacts on everyone’s life. Friendship is developed between people through mutual affection. True friendship travels throughout a person’s life until he reaches his deathbed. This relationship is magical and can change certain parts of your life. Above all, it is a source of support and love.
Having true friends is like a gift or a console to your heart. When you feel low, you feel more comfortable sharing things with your friends than sharing it with a counselor. There are a million kinds of friendship, depending on the place and culture. But all of them include a few common characteristics such as kindness, loyalty, honesty, affection, compassion, support, sympathy, generosity, virtue, and empathy.
I am sure your friends would have traveled through your hard times with you. It is a blessing to know that your best friends have been with you when you underwent stressful periods, breakups, career confusions, celebrations, etc.
Benefits of having good friends
- They help you recover from sad or difficult situations.
- They make you feel stress-free
- Make you smile always.
- They help you grow more.
- Boosts confidence within us.
- The heart gets stronger.
- They help in having a healthy mindset.
Are you a person with a good level of self-confidence? Or are you a person who feels insecure about yourself? Confidence in oneself solely depends on the trust you have on your abilities, attributes, and qualities. A self-confident person has less pressure as he/she seems to be at ease at work.
Building self-confidence is not too easy. Moreover, if you are a self-critic, or if you are a person who is generally put down by others, building self-confidence within yourself is going to take some time. To boost your self-confidence level you have to stop your internal negative thoughts.
A small seed of negativity can grow into a large tree in your mind. Likewise, negative thoughts can demolish your successful path. Uproot the negative weeds and grow positivity in your heart and mind. Confidence in ourselves is not a quality that we attain once and then live with the same throughout. It has its ups and downs based on our experiences and the work we do.
How to build self-confidence within yourself?
- Be a self-motivator. (maybe reading motivational quotes and stories of successful people will help you).
- Avoid comparing yourself with others.
- When you sit or stand, make sure you are in a confident posture and not slouching.
- Have a good clarity with your goals
- Visulaize your confidence.
- Talk to yourself and love yourself.
- Observe the presence.
- Do not be afraid of making mistakes and taking risks.
- Seek help when you need it.
- BELIEVE IN YOURSELF and don’t give up.
Similarly, taking good rest is another essential ingredient that leads to a healthy lifestyle. You might be having daring kids to look after, hours of work to complete projects that have to be submitted within the deadline, assignments to be submitted, etc. To finish these tasks, you tend to work overtime.
Working extra hours tires your body. The excess working time is usually taken from your sleeping time. Some people work till 2 am. This is not a good sign for a healthy lifestyle. Due to these busy working schedules, you lose focus on your sleeping time. Symptoms for lack of rest are feeling tired often, abnormal heartbeat rate, being moody always, feeling sore, and being stiff most of the time.
A lot of stress, thoughts about future events, excessive worries, too many responsibilities, etc. are some other reasons that can lead to sleepless long nights. Inadequate rest leads to several sleep disorders. Stress and anxiety cause insomnia. Similarly, sleep deprivation, fever, and stress cause sleepwalking.
To avoid the restless nights and sleep disorders, there are a few things you have to consider and focus on.
- Try to finish your work on time. Make plans and goals for each day as this will help you meet your deadlines.
- In case of working extra time, try to sleep early and wake up early as you will be more productive in the mornings (your brain is generally fresh after long hours of rest).
- Avoid having heavy dinners that can tire your digestive system (your brain will be active during the process of digestion even when you sleep).
- Use a sleep eye mask to avoid light interrupting your sleep.
- Track your hours of sleep using a sleep calculator. It is advised to have a 7 hours sleep.
- Make sure you have a comfortable mattress to sleep on.
In final, I would summarize by saying that these 6 best doctors should be consulted today as they would keep you away from all hospitals. Lead a healthy lifestyle as that is the best wealth a person can possess. Associate with people who spread positive vibes and motivate you. Craft your mind on the right path. An individual with self-confidence is generally admired a lot. So, build confidence within yourself and see how you progress in life. Cheers to a healthy and successful lifestyle!!